As a dentist in Langley, at Gentle Dental Langley, we refuse to compromise on the level of quality care we offer. Part of that commitment is the use of diagnostic technologies because they provide many advantages for you – our valued patient.
In this blog … I’ll talk about the technology that helps us better determine the state of your oral health while offering you a better experience in the dental chair. You may be surprised to learn how beneficial this equipment really is.
Digital x-rays allow your dentist in Langley to get a clear picture of the inside of your teeth and gums, so that diagnosis is more accurate and treatment specific to your unique situation. In addition, there’s…
- up to 90% less radiation than with traditional x-rays
- less time in the dental chair because they are faster and more efficient
- no exposure to film chemicals – safer for you, our team, and the environment
- faster insurance processing because claims are illustrated, and electronic communication is instantaneous.
The intraoral camera is a small pen-sized camera that is linked to a chairside monitor to display what we see when we examine your teeth, gums, and mouth. Because it displays images on a screen, it helps you understand what we mean when we’re discussing our findings with you during your dental cleaning, exam, or consultation.
Digital impressions are 100% comfortable, and a clear techno winner that…
- eliminate the need for goopy impressions (awesome, right?!)
- take clear, color impressions of your teeth, gums, and other soft tissue
- can be sent electronically to the lab, for faster service and more accurate results.
Panoramic x-rays make it possible to get a full view of your entire mouth – with just one image. This includes both the upper and lower jaws, jaw joints, all your teeth, and even your nasal region. Other advantages of this technology at Gentle Dental Langley include …
- a very detailed image that can show us bone abnormalities, cysts, fractures, impacted teeth, infections, and tumors
- it aids in accurate fit and placement of restorations, especially implants and dentures
- because the images are taken outside of your mouth, it means a fast, painless experience for you.
In-house CBCT allows you to have scans done conveniently in-office! In less than one minute, we can generate a 3-D virtual model of your anatomy in astonishing detail from virtually any angle. Another plus is that this requires only one scan so generates less radiation than standard CT scans. Whether we are evaluating your jaw function, bone health, tooth structure, or the health of soft tissues, with this technology we can provide precise treatment plans with reliable, predictable results.
Soft tissue lasers are most often used in dentistry to correct gum issues. This can include gum disease treatment or changing the shape of your gums. Our patients love it because it feels less invasive than a scalpel and often reduces swelling and bleeding after treatment. They’re not ideal in all situations, so depending on your individual history and needs, we may recommend a different choice.
Air Abrasion works like an extremely precise miniature sandblaster. It sprays a stream of tiny particles too small to be seen with the naked eye gently and precisely onto the tooth to wear away decay. The action is so gentle, air abrasion allows us to treat decay without removing as much healthy tooth material. That means fewer crowns and smaller fillings.
We are committed to making your experience as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Technology is a big part of that – and we make good use of it.
Please call today to book your consultation or to ask any questions about our practice. We welcome new patients and our friendly team will be happy to talk to you.
Yours in excellent dental health,
Dr. Paul Dhillon, general dentist in Langley